Ercan Cihan who is assigned in GBMC Turkey office has extensive experience in project & program management for around 20 years. He started his career as Project Engineer in company Hidropak. A.Ş. He worked in Metal Packaging industry as chief of production in company Memsan Mauser. Afterwards, Mr. Cihan was respectively assigned Prototype Project & Planning engineer at Ford Turkey plant, Jaguar & Land Rover Project Manager in Stamping Tooling business and Program Manager for all Stamping Tooling projects in Global Ford programs.
Summary of Mr. Cihan’s success areas during his project & program management career:
• Responsible for all aspects of strategy, project planning, execution and financial health.
• Managing multiple projects, building project team and making strategic sourcing decisions & vendor selection
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills. Supervise Turkish and Foreign manufacturing teams in Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Korea and China.
• Business development, technical sales & marketing and key account management applications
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Manage people including company and contractor staff in/out side of Turkey.
• Conflict management in individual & organizational level for large projects, benchmark and business integration studies
• Mentoring Siemens «ARGO Program» and conducting «Project Health-check» to various Project teams as Project Consultant
Advisor on a variety of topics in the area of project management
• Program/Project Management Consultancy & Trainings and companywide project management skills development program
• Applied Consultancy, Mentorship, Coaching on Project Management
• Stakeholder management & Conflict Resolution in Project Management
He has provided “Program/Project Management Consultancy” trainings in different topics such as industrial product or service programmes including transition projects, saving projects, new market penetrations, mobile applications, innovation & start-up projects and incubation & corporate entrepreneurship program with extensive practicable samples & cases to such well-known companies as Siemens, Eczacıbaşı, Clariant.
Mr. Cihan graduated from Technical University of Istanbul (ITU) with a BS and MSc in Mechanical Engineering.